A Lee County woman and three dogs escaped a burning home Wednesday afternoon.
Dozens of firefighters and emergency responders surrounded the home about 2 this afternoon the 500 block of Jordan Road.
Firefighters say the woman, a relative of the home's occupants Randy and April Spargo, Was cooking.
She went to another room and left the food unattended on the stove.
Lee County Assistant Fire Chief Paul Branch said "Realized she was smelling smoke, came back in there. Stove was on fire, caught the cabinets on fire. We were able to catch it soon enough. Had a good enough response time we were able to extinguish it without it extending any further into the house."
No one was injured. Firefighters have not made an estimate of the damage to the home.