Albany man transported to Augusta burn center for treatment - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany man transported to Augusta burn center for treatment

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

An Albany man is being treated for burns after his duplex caught fire on Dorsett Ave around 5 a.m. on Saturday.

Family members tell us 60-year-old Douglas Green is being treated for burns, and is on life support at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta.

Fire officials say Green was sleeping when the fire started. They say the cause was a short in the living room air conditioning unit.

" The heavy flame damage was to the front porch, the living room area and then there was heavy smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the home," said AFD Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose."

"He's lost everything and anybody who wants to donate they can," said Patricia Lewis, Douglas Green's cousin.

16 firefighters used 250 gallons of water to control the flames. Fire officials say the fire caused more than $6000 of property damage to the home.

You can help the Green family by calling Douglas Green at 229-364-7389

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.