Crews extinguish garage fire in Rutherford Co. - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Crews extinguish garage fire in Rutherford Co.

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Breaking

    LIVE: Salmonella outbreak trial coverage from Albany, GA

    LIVE: Salmonella outbreak trial coverage from Albany, GA

    Friday, August 1 2014 9:48 AM EDT2014-08-01 13:48:45 GMT
    The federal courthouse in Albany, GAThe federal courthouse in Albany, GA
    The trial of three people charged in a deadly salmonella outbreak linked to a peanut plant in Georgia began Thursday.More >>
    The trial of three people charged in a deadly salmonella outbreak linked to a peanut plant in Georgia began Thursday.More >>
  • Shoppers fire up for tax free holiday

    Shoppers fire up for tax free holiday

    Friday, August 1 2014 8:50 AM EDT2014-08-01 12:50:20 GMT
    Calculators, spirals, backpacks...just a few essentials for back-to-school shopping and with a bonus of a tax free holiday, shoppers will be scrambling to snag the best deals. More >>
    Calculators, spirals, backpacks...just a few essentials for back-to-school shopping and with a bonus of a tax free holiday, shoppers will be scrambling to snag the best deals. More >>
  • Stores gear up for Tax Free Weekend

    Stores gear up for Tax Free Weekend

    Friday, August 1 2014 5:18 AM EDT2014-08-01 09:18:42 GMT
    Retail stores in South Georgia are gearing up for the tax free holiday weekend.More >>
    Retail stores in South Georgia are gearing up for the tax free holiday weekend.More >>
MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) -

A family's home in Rutherford County was saved thanks to some quick work from firefighters.

An attached garage caught on fire at a home on Leanna Central Valley Road.

The garage burned to the ground, but crews were able to keep the flames from spreading to the family's main home.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.