Overloaded outlet causes house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Overloaded outlet causes house fire

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

An overloaded outlet caused a house fire on Whitney St. early Saturday morning.

Fire officials say about 4:30 Saturday morning a home in the 1500 block of Whitney caught fire.

The smoke started in the front room where a lamp was turned on and multiple items were plugged into one outlet.

Two people were living in the house at the time. Damages are estimated to be about 75 thousand dollars.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.