A woman was sent to the hospital in Madison Saturday afternoon after a house fire.
The fire started a little after 2 p.m. at a home on Anderson Lane.
Nashville firefighters saw a lot of smoke when they arrived, and when they got inside they quickly found the cause. An appliance sparked the fire, spreading flames around the kitchen.
A woman in the home suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns in the blaze. Fire officials say the house is salvageable, but not livable.
The Red Cross is helping the family.
Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved
A nonprofit film office in Los Angeles, FilmL.A., released a new report that names Georgia the number one filming location worldwide.
Southwest Georgia is faced with an aging population. One senior home living organization is preparing now to meet the future ballooning needs for elder care.
Americus city leaders are bringing back their farmer's market.
More downtown businesses in Americus are getting grants to fix up their storefronts to attract more customers.
Emergency management officials continue to urge residents to stay vigilant Wednesday night, even though most of the storms have already passed.