Fire rips through Anderson home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire rips through Anderson home

Posted: Updated:
The fire-destroyed home in Anderson. (Feb. 25, 2014/FOX Carolina) The fire-destroyed home in Anderson. (Feb. 25, 2014/FOX Carolina)
ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Firefighters were called to an early morning house fire next door to an Anderson diner Tuesday.

Anderson fire department dispatchers said the home on South Main Street extension caught fire and was located next to Valerie's Diner, between Masters Drive and Oak Tree Drive.

The Red Cross was called in to help those who live in the home and got out safely, but there is no word on the extent of the damage, according to dispatch.

The Homeland Park fire chief at the scene said the fire was electrical and started in the attic, but everyone made it out safely. He said the home was pretty much destroyed.

South Main Street Extension was blocked while firefighters battled the blaze.

Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.