Firefighters say light sparked East Albany fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters say light sparked East Albany fire


Firefighters say a light set clothes on fire and damaged an East Albany home Thursday.

Around 11:15 a.m. someone called 911 after seeing smoke coming from this home in the 800 block of Rood Street.  

Firefighters arrived and found a bedroom on fire. They say clothes were stacked near a light left on in a closet.

"[We] found the closet in the bedroom area, and the fire had spread into the attic of the structure," said Battalion Chief Daniel Potter. "We were able to quickly extinguish the fire."

No one was home at the time of the fire. The house was under renovation. Firefighters are still trying to determine who lives there.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly