A warning for pet owners before Valentine's Day: Keep the chocolate away from your animals.
Vets at Bush Animal Clinic say chocolate is not good for cats and dogs. The darker the chocolate, the greater the danger.
"Usually if an animal ingests it, clinical signs includes vomiting, diarrhea, hyper activity which is never a good thing. They can actually have seizures if they consume enough chocolate," said Amber Love of Bush Animal Clinic.
If your pet eats a lot of chocolate, your vet may have to induce vomiting and insert an IV to get rid of the toxins.