Traffic was backed up for miles in both directions of I-65 near the Cullman/Morgan county line, but state troopers kept the insterstate open Tuesday.
The northbound lane of I-65 had 15 miles of delays from Cullman County just north of Hanceville to the Morgan County line.
I-65 southbound had around 10 miles of delays from Falkville in Morgan County to Cullman just past Highway 278.
Semi-trucks were having problems getting up the mountain in the areas covered by ice and snow, which caused the massive delays. As of 11 a.m., speeds were around four miles an hour.
Cullman County's EMA said this morning that streets are "extremely hazardous." The following roads in Cullman are closed, according to the City of Cullman Municipal Government Facebook page:
Larkwood: The bridge on Convert Road is closed which necessitates the following closures:
- Larkwood Drive, N.E. closed just passed Larkwood Court South entrance to Larkwood Court closed
- Larkwood Drive, just passed Chatteau Drive closed
- Larkwood Drive, between Barton Drive and Morning Drive
Carroll Acres: The bridge on Briarwood Drive, S.E. is closed which necessitates the following closures:
- Briarwood Drive, just before bridge
- Briarwood Drive, at the top of the hill
Childhaven Road, N.E.: The hill is closed between 13th Street, N.E. and Mitchell Road, N.E. which necessitates the following closures:
- 2nd Avenue at the intersection of 14th Street
- Main Avenue at the intersection of 13th Street
- Childhaven Road by the Trinity Baptist Church's Building
- Mitchell Road, N.E. at the intersection with Childhaven Road
Woodland Street, N.W.:
- The hill to Highway 31 is closed.
- Road closed sign at the intersection of Highway 31 and just east of the intersection with Edgewood Drive.
Follow FOX6Traffic on Twitter for updates.
Copyright 2014 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Wild Adventures Theme Park is preparing for an eventful Memorial Day weekend.
Dougherty County E-M-S workers are increasingly coming in contact with a drug that could kill them on the job.
Dougherty County health educators this month are celebrating a significant decrease in teen pregnancies over the last decade.
People in Irwin County are working to save an historic park dedicated to Confederate President Jefferson Davis.
Dozens of South Georgians fired off questions and concerns about the proposed Lee County hospital at a summit hosted by the county on Thursday night.