Firefighters report Tuesday's fire at the Albany Procter and Gamble plant ruined an estimated $125,000 worth of paper products.
P&G officials said they believe the fire in one of their storage buildings inside the plant was caused by a spark off one of their machines during the manufacturing process.
The paper rolls involved weigh tons and are dozens of feet tall, stored in stacks. Firefighters say the P&G fire brigade, made up of their employees, immediately fought the fire, calling in the Albany Fire Department for backup.
"Once we got there they pretty much had it under control. They just had a lot of smoke in the building. And we assisted them with our equipment and getting water out of the building," said AFD Asst. Chief Ruben Jordan.
The huge paper rolls were damaged by smoke and water. P&G officials say they have not completed their damage estimate.
But they said no one was hurt and their plant continued normal operations through the fire.