Lee County gas station catches fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Lee County gas station catches fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Sylvester library shows off new renovations

    Sylvester library shows off new renovations

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-09-03 02:54:16 GMT
    Leigh Wiley, Library DirectorLeigh Wiley, Library Director
    The renovated library in Sylvester shows off its new look. The Margaret Jones Public Library hosted an open house Tuesday evening.More >>
    The renovated library in Sylvester shows off its new look. The Margaret Jones Public Library hosted an open house Tuesday evening.More >>
  • RiverQuarium prepares to celebrate 10th anniversary

    RiverQuarium prepares to celebrate 10th anniversary

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:49 PM EDT2014-09-03 02:49:03 GMT
    Vicki Churchman, Manager of Member and Volunteer ServicesVicki Churchman, Manager of Member and Volunteer Services
    The Flint Riverquarium is preparing to celebrate a big milestone, its 10th anniversary.On Friday and Saturday visitors can see a special portable butterfly exhibit. More >>
    The Flint Riverquarium is preparing to celebrate a big milestone, its 10th anniversary.On Friday and Saturday visitors can see a special portable butterfly exhibit. More >>
  • Albany VA Clinic looking for volunteer drivers

    Albany VA Clinic looking for volunteer drivers

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:43 PM EDT2014-09-03 02:43:44 GMT
    The Albany VA Clinic needs volunteers.

    The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center in Dublin is looking for drivers to sign up to help elderly veterans get to their appointments at the new Albany Clinic at the Marine Base.

    More >>
    The Albany VA Clinic needs volunteers.

    The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center in Dublin is looking for drivers to sign up to help elderly veterans get to their appointments at the new Albany Clinic at the Marine Base.

    More >>
LEE COUNTY, GA (WALB) -

A BP gas station caught fire from the outside on Monday. The Lee County Fire Department responded to the blaze at the Doublegate Eezzee Mart.

Employees at the scene said the station had hired a plumbing company to fix a walk-in freezer in the building. The person was welding a tap on a pipe outside the building when insulation around it caught fire. The flames spread through the building.

Firefighters were later able to get the flames under control and say the building is not a total loss.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.