In case of a power outage, Firefighters are urging South Georgians not to try using outdoor equipment to heat inside their homes.
Firefighters say when the power goes off in cold weather, they have seen people try to bring charcoal grills or outdoor fire pits indoors for use. They say people have even been known to build fires in sinks or on floors, sometimes with tragic results.
Albany Fire Department Chief James Carswell said "These kind of things are never intended to be brought inside. And if you do you are creating an atmosphere that could cause a fire. And may cost you your life."
Firefighters also urge people to not use space heaters for long periods of times. Those devices are not made to run for several hours without cooling.