The Albany Humane Society is getting a makeover thanks to some help from a national humanitarian group and national dog food company.
Firefighters say a space heater is to blame for a fire that claimed the life of a person in Donalsonville Thursday morning.
Police Chief Jimmy Holt said it happened at a home on South Henderson Avenue.
According to family at the scene, Dezra "Rene" Jones died in the fire. There were no immediate reports of other injuries.
Chief Holt said this fire is one of a rising number of cases that involve space heaters in homes.
Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 3130
Albany, GA 31706
FCC Public File