Subway reopens after kid squirts fire extinguisher - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Subway reopens after kid squirts fire extinguisher

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

The Subway sandwich store at 202 East Oakridge Drive is back open for business. It had to close Tuesday night when the child of a customer activated a fire extinguisher, spraying chemicals inside the restaurant.

The restaurant closed soon after, and had to wait for an inspection by environmental health and the fire department to re-open.

Safety officials have to insure that the food service area is clear of chemicals, and fire officials need to make sure that fire extinguishers are fully recharged.

AFD officials said that someone had pulled the safety pin from the device, and when the child knocked it off its bracket, it discharged.

 

 

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow