House saved from blaze - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

House saved from blaze

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

The Albany Fire Department took over from a homeowner who did what he could to save his house from a fire.

AFD says the home at 460 Gaines Avenue caught fire because of a smoldering cigarette, but AFD arrived in time to save the structure.

It turns out that the homeowner was talking to his neighbor when he noticed the fire, and ran to try to extinguish it.

As of 1:45PM, the house was still smoldering, and Albany fire fighters were using their thermal heat cameras to look for any hot spots.

No one was injured in the fire, and we are awaiting an estimate on the damage.

 

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.