Fire blamed on outlet over load

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The Albany Fire Department arrived ata house fire in the 2800 block of Astoria Drive about 2:30PM, just in time toprevent the blaze from spreading.

They extinguished the fire thehomeowner was trying to douse with water.

AFD officials on the scene said therewere no injuries, and that the heat damage appeared relatively light.

They said the initial cause appearsto be an over load of an electrical outlet that had too many extension cordsplugged into one circuit.

Copyright2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.