House fire that displaced family ruled arson - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

House fire that displaced family ruled arson

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A family of four has been displaced after an early Sunday morning house fire on South Madison street.   Albany Fire Department investigators say the fire was intentionally set on their porch.

A mother, her daughter and grandchildren were all living inside a duplex that caught fire around 3 a.m. in the 2200 block of South Madison St. The mother says they were up late watching TV when she says someone knocked on the door.

"We were watching TV, me and my family, and about three, we heard three knocks on the door and in this day and age you don't run to the door when somebody knocks so we were very careful about going to the door, and when we opened the door the porch was engulfed in flames," says Bobbie Jones.

She says they plan to stay with family till they find a new home. No one was injured.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow