House fire that displaced family ruled arson - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

House fire that displaced family ruled arson

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Bowl-A-Rama holds Back-to-School Bash

    Bowl-A-Rama holds Back-to-School Bash

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:19 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:19:59 GMT
    James Smith, studentJames Smith, student
    An Albany bowling alley is helping kids have a little fun before they go back to school. Bowl-A-Rama held its first Back-to-School Bash for High School Students in Dougherty, Lee, Mitchell, and Baker Counties. More >>
    An Albany bowling alley is helping kids have a little fun before they go back to school. Bowl-A-Rama held its first Back-to-School Bash for High School Students in Dougherty, Lee, Mitchell, and Baker Counties. More >>
  • Valdosta organization prepares for backpack giveaway

    Valdosta organization prepares for backpack giveaway

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:14 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:14:47 GMT
    Volunteers at Moody Air Force Base pre-packed more than 900 backpacks with school supplies on Friday.More >>
    Volunteers at Moody Air Force Base pre-packed more than 900 backpacks with school supplies on Friday.More >>
  • Sylvester residents gather for National Night Out

    Sylvester residents gather for National Night Out

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:11 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:11:03 GMT
    Scott Vandermolen, Florida residentScott Vandermolen, Florida resident
    A week after 8 teenagers were shot at a party in Sylvester people came together there Friday night to fight crime .A National Night Out celebration was held at Jeffords Park downtown. More >>
    A week after 8 teenagers were shot at a party in Sylvester people came together there Friday night to fight crime .A National Night Out celebration was held at Jeffords Park downtown. More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A family of four has been displaced after an early Sunday morning house fire on South Madison street.   Albany Fire Department investigators say the fire was intentionally set on their porch.

A mother, her daughter and grandchildren were all living inside a duplex that caught fire around 3 a.m. in the 2200 block of South Madison St. The mother says they were up late watching TV when she says someone knocked on the door.

"We were watching TV, me and my family, and about three, we heard three knocks on the door and in this day and age you don't run to the door when somebody knocks so we were very careful about going to the door, and when we opened the door the porch was engulfed in flames," says Bobbie Jones.

She says they plan to stay with family till they find a new home. No one was injured.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.