Woman burned in Florence home fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Woman burned in Florence home fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>

FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) - The West Florence Fire Department and Florence County EMS responded to a house fire on California Road in Florence.

Sam Brockington, Florence County Fire and Rescue Coordinator, says when crews arrived around 1:30 p.m. they found a woman with burns on her arms.

Investigators say the woman was cooking when a pot caught fire. She tried to carry the pot out of her home, but she dropped it and was injured.

Fire crews had the fire put out within the hour, and the woman was transported to McLeod Regional.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow