Albany Firefighters concerned by number of kitchen fires -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany Firefighters concerned by number of kitchen fires


The Albany Fire Department is again urging you to stay alert while cooking.

Kitchen fires continue to be the number one cause of home fires in Albany.

Just after 6 Monday night food left unattended on the stove sparked this fire at Passion Williams' home on 20th Avenue.

The blaze forced the family of three out of their home and caused an estimated 35-thousand dollars in damage.

Firefighters urge you not to get distracted while you cook.

Deputy Chief Ron Rowe said "Stove fires are always an issue with us. Our number one leading cause of structure fires here in Dougherty County and the City of Albany. We try our best to give education out, but it's still happening."

Firefighters say they usually see an increase in kitchen fires during the holidays when people cook more.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly