1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WALB-TV 1709 Stuart Avenue Albany GA, 31707 and A-1 Reddock 2400 East Alberson Drive Albany GA 31707, Custom Interiors 1310 U.S. 82 Leesburg, GA 31763, Lighting & Flooring 509 11th Avenue Albany, GA 31701, Short & Paulk 400 North Cleveland Street Albany, GA 31701, and Railway Freight 1140 Gillionville Road Albany, GA 31707 (collectively, "The Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6:00am on June 17, 2010 and ends at 11:59pm on August 2, 2010. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on July 7, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Atkinson, Bacon, Baker, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brooks, Calhoun, Clay, Clinch, Coffee, Colquitt, Cook, Crisp, Decatur, Dooly, Dougherty, Early, Grady, Irwin, Jeff Davis, Lanier, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Miller, Mitchell, Randolf, Seminole, Stewart, Sumter, Telfair, Terrell, Thomas, Tift, Turner, Ware, Webster, Wilcox, Worth You must have a valid driver's license and be18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WALB-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. In order to be eligible, the entrant must be the legal homeowner. Any co-owners with the winner will be required to sign a release. No third party entries.
3. How to Enter. There are three ways to enter this promotion.
(1)Beginning at 6am on June 17, 2010 individuals can log on to www.walb.com and find the information necessary to include with their entry or print off the entry form. The information must include:
(2) Individuals can also enter by obtaining an entry format Sponsor locations, completing them and leaving the entry at one of the following Sponsor location addresses. WALB-TV 1709 Stuart Avenue Albany GA, 31707 and A-1 Reddock 2400 East Alberson Drive Albany GA 31707, Custom Interiors 1310 U.S. 82 Leesburg, GA 31763, Lighting & Flooring 509 11th Avenue Albany, GA 31701, Short & Paulk 400 North Cleveland Street Albany, GA 31701, and Railway Freight 1140 Gillionville Road Albany, GA 31707
(3)Entrants may also mail their entry information to WALB-TV, ATTN: Meagan Franklin, 1709 Stuart Avenue Albany, GA 31707. Entries must be received by 12pm on July 7th in order to qualify.
All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entrants represent that by entering into this promotion that they solely own the copyright to any pictures submitted and grant to WALB-TV and the Sponsors unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual right to display and/or broadcast such pictures on WALB-TV or the Sponsor's television channels and/or internet websites, including but not limited to using the pictures for WALB-TV and the Sponsor's commercial and/or promotional purposes.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees thatWALB-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WALB-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WALB-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
Any questions regarding this contest may be directed to NewsChannel 10's Meagan Franklin at email@example.com
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WALB-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WALB-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WALB-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). The total prize is the makeover remodel of one of the winner's bedrooms in their home. Prize may be awarded from the following Sponsors totaling no more than $6,000:
Railway Freight: Furniture
Lighting and Flooring: Lighting and Flooring
Short & Paulk: Crown Molding, Base Boards Light Switch Covers, Door Hinges Knobs, Etc.
Custom Interiors: Accessories
A-1 Reddock Painting and Construction Co.: Paint and Painting
Flint River Pottery: Bed Linens
Prizes will vary depending on the winning bedroom
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Winner may add input into the remodel, however all renovations are strictly up to the designer(s). By entering the contest, the participant releases all rights to the design of the area to be remodeled. No additions outside of the allocated budget are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Five (5) semi-finalists will be selected by a panel of judges made up of representatives of sponsor companies.
Viewers may vote on WALB.com.
Votes will only be taken by voting online at WALB.com. Voters are not required to live inside WALB-TV's viewing area. Anyone may vote in this contest. The deadline for votes is Sunday August 1, 2010 at Midnight (12:00.00 am). The finalist with the most votes is the winner. A panel of judges will break any tie.
The prize is the remodel makeover of a bedroom in the winner's home. Exact prize details from each sponsor will not be determined until the winner is chosen. The winner will be notified when WALB arrives at their home by 5pm on Monday, August 2, 2010.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must accept the prize of the room makeover by August 2, 2010 at 5:30pm or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WALB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WALB-TV if WALB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WALB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WALB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WALB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WALB-TV, Meagan Franklin or visit the website at www.walb.com between August 3, 2010 and September 15, 2010.