1 injured, 4 displaced in East Albany blaze - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Grease fire displaces four people in East Albany

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Stores gear up for Tax Free Weekend

    Stores gear up for Tax Free Weekend

    Friday, August 1 2014 5:18 AM EDT2014-08-01 09:18:42 GMT
    Retail stores in South Georgia are gearing up for the tax free holiday weekend.More >>
    Retail stores in South Georgia are gearing up for the tax free holiday weekend.More >>
  • Shoppers fire up for tax free holiday

    Shoppers fire up for tax free holiday

    Friday, August 1 2014 4:12 AM EDT2014-08-01 08:12:21 GMT
    Calculators, spirals, backpacks...just a few essentials for back-to-school shopping and with a bonus of a tax free holiday, shoppers will be scrambling to snag the best deals. More >>
    Calculators, spirals, backpacks...just a few essentials for back-to-school shopping and with a bonus of a tax free holiday, shoppers will be scrambling to snag the best deals. More >>
  • Phoebe foundation receives donation for medical student housing

    Phoebe foundation receives donation for medical student housing

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:25 PM EDT2014-08-01 03:25:30 GMT
    Lauren Ray, Phoebe Foundation Executive DirectorLauren Ray, Phoebe Foundation Executive Director
    A generous donation will help build a $5 million medical student housing facility on Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital's campus.The Richard King Mellon Foundation donated $1 million to the Phoebe Foundation for the proposed 25-unit gated community. More >>
    A generous donation will help build a $5 million medical student housing facility on Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital's campus.The Richard King Mellon Foundation donated $1 million to the Phoebe Foundation for the proposed 25-unit gated community. More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

One person was injured and four displaced after escaping a blaze at an East Albany home earlier this morning.

Albany Fire crews were called to the home in the 1000 block of East Roosevelt Avenue around 3:00 am.

EMS responded to the scene to treat Mose Harvey for a severe leg injury which he sustained while Johnny Sherman was trying to help him climb out through a window.

Harvey had to transported for additional treatment for a laceration. While fighting the fire, firefighter Josh Olson had to be treated for heat exhaustion. Olson is okay.

Resident Della Sherman told WALB and it has been confirmed that the blaze was caused by unattended cooking left on the stove.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

 

Copyright 2013 WALB. All rights reserved.