Worker injured by jolt of electricity in Port Wentworth - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Worker injured by jolt of electricity

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>
PORT WENTWORTH, GA (WTOC) -

Port Wentworth Police Chief Matt Libby told WTOC that a worker was up in a bucket near some high tension wires when he received a jolt of electricity.

It happened after 3 p.m. on Ga. 21 in Port Wentworth near Bonnie Bridge Road. His co-workers immediately brought the bucket down. The worker was non-responsive, but his co-workers began CPR and used an AED him. Fire and EMS arrived within three to five. The worker was breathing on his own and responsive when he was transported to Memorial University Medical Center.

Libby said that if the worker survives - it is because his co-workers knew exactly what to do in that situation.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow