Bill's Super Vitamin Store catches fire overnight - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Bill's Super Vitamin Store catches fire overnight

Posted: Updated:
Side entrance of Bill's store once fire department arrived. Side entrance of Bill's store once fire department arrived.
Two firefighters working on what was left of the fire Two firefighters working on what was left of the fire
Albany Fire Department's arrival to 911 call Albany Fire Department's arrival to 911 call
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany fire officials believe an electrical problem may be to blame for a blaze at a business that happened late Monday night.

Firefighters were called to Bills Super Vitamins at 1111 North Slappey Boulevard about 11:40 p.m. The first unit to arrive discovered heavy smoke coming from the building.

Crews then made forced entry and found flames coming from around a display in the back of the business.

"Worst thing about it is that they have a lot of smoke damage and flame damage to the entire building at this time," said Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose. " But you know, nobody was hurt or anything."

Fire officials say it is too early to tell how much damage was caused in dollar amount.

Fire trucks blocked the southbound lanes of Slappey as firefighters battled the blaze. They were able to contain the fire in about 20 minutes.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved