Bill's Super Vitamin Store catches fire overnight - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Bill's Super Vitamin Store catches fire overnight

Posted: Updated:
Side entrance of Bill's store once fire department arrived. Side entrance of Bill's store once fire department arrived.
Two firefighters working on what was left of the fire Two firefighters working on what was left of the fire
Albany Fire Department's arrival to 911 call Albany Fire Department's arrival to 911 call
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Worth County is Camera Ready

    Worth County is Camera Ready

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:50:56 GMT
    Karen Rackley, Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce Executive DirectorKaren Rackley, Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
    Every county in Georgia is now camera ready.Worth County is one of the final 20 counties that just earned the designation meant to show television and movie producers that local communities are able and willing to help them. More >>
    Every county in Georgia is now camera ready.Worth County is one of the final 20 counties that just earned the designation meant to show television and movie producers that local communities are able and willing to help them. More >>
  • Sylvester city departments remain without phone service

    Sylvester city departments remain without phone service

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:50:33 GMT
    Bill Yearta, Mayor of SylvesterBill Yearta, Mayor of Sylvester
    All city departments in Sylvester remain without phone service. The phone system went down on Monday at Sylvester City Hall and the police, fire, and public works departments.More >>
    All city departments in Sylvester remain without phone service. The phone system went down on Monday at Sylvester City Hall and the police, fire, and public works departments.More >>
  • When does discipline go too far??

    When does discipline go too far??

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:42 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:42:39 GMT
    Dr. Sinay Edwards, Open Arms Program DirectorDr. Sinay Edwards, Open Arms Program Director
    The arrest of an NFL superstar on child abuse charges raises questions about when discipline goes too far.More >>
    The arrest of an NFL superstar on child abuse charges raises questions about when discipline goes too far.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany fire officials believe an electrical problem may be to blame for a blaze at a business that happened late Monday night.

Firefighters were called to Bills Super Vitamins at 1111 North Slappey Boulevard about 11:40 p.m. The first unit to arrive discovered heavy smoke coming from the building.

Crews then made forced entry and found flames coming from around a display in the back of the business.

"Worst thing about it is that they have a lot of smoke damage and flame damage to the entire building at this time," said Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose. " But you know, nobody was hurt or anything."

Fire officials say it is too early to tell how much damage was caused in dollar amount.

Fire trucks blocked the southbound lanes of Slappey as firefighters battled the blaze. They were able to contain the fire in about 20 minutes.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved