Wild Adventures is dealing with an acid spill that happened at their water park Tuesday morning, and they are closing the gates this afternoon to finish the job.
Officials said in a statement that hydrochloric acid spilled at the Splash Island Water Park this morning. The acid is used to control chlorine levels in the water.
Officials say the spill happened behind the park and did not enter the pool water used by guests.
They will only remain closed Tuesday, and have not made an announcement beyond that.
Area agencies are on scene to neutralize the spill.
The company issued this statement-
As a precaution only, we have decided to close Wild Adventures for the remainder of the day. This morning, Splash Island Water Park incurred a spill of hydrochloric acid, which is used to control the chlorine levels in the water. The spill occurred behind the water park and did not enter the pool water used by our guests. Local agencies are here to neutralize the spill, however, the weather is affecting their efforts.