Smoke causes Randolph-Clay High evacuation - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Smoke causes Randolph-Clay High evacuation

Posted: Updated:
CUTHBERT, GA (WALB) -

When smoke filled a hallway at Randolph Clay High School, leaders soon found the source: a water fountain that had an electrical short.

Around 11:15 students were evacuated from the School in Cuthbert because of the smoke issue.

School officials say the water fountain had a severed wire but until all questions surrounding the issue are resolved students will not return to the high school.

They hope that students will be able to return to their regular class schedules tomorrow.

 The evacuation was orderly, and no fire started as a result of the short.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.