When smoke filled a hallway at Randolph Clay High School, leaders soon found the source: a water fountain that had an electrical short.
Around 11:15 students were evacuated from the School in Cuthbert because of the smoke issue.
School officials say the water fountain had a severed wire but until all questions surrounding the issue are resolved students will not return to the high school.
They hope that students will be able to return to their regular class schedules tomorrow.
The evacuation was orderly, and no fire started as a result of the short.
Copyright 2013 WALB. All rights reserved.
The Smarr-Smith Foundation has teamed up with Sunbelt Ford of Americus to raise money for the foundation.
The City of Moultrie is holding a public hearing next week for residents to discuss the use of its CHIP grant.
A new ice cream shop has rolled into Thomasville. Kreamkles Rolled Ice Cream had its grand opening Thursday.
A man is in hospital after being struck by a vehicle Friday morning in Albany.
More than 100 Albany-Dougherty City and County workers are out cleaning the streets, hoping to make Albany more beautiful.