Firefighters respond to early morning fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters respond to early morning fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • As Warthogs wind down, what's ahead for Moody?

    As Warthogs wind down, what's ahead for Moody?

    Friday, April 18 2014 1:17 PM EDT2014-04-18 17:17:58 GMT
    The United States Air Force's long-serving tank-buster, the A-10 Warthog, has been around for decades. It showed its effectiveness against armored vehicle in the Gulf wars, and it's one of the main armamentsMore >>
    The United States Air Force's long-serving tank-buster, the A-10 Warthog, has been around for decades, but its days are numbered.  The likelihood of America doing battle with foes who have army tanks is dwindling to near zero.More >>
  • Bank robbery suspect denied bond

    Bank robbery suspect denied bond

    Friday, April 18 2014 11:39 AM EDT2014-04-18 15:39:51 GMT
    A suspected bank robber remains in the Coffee County Jail on a probation violation warrant as the FBI and Douglas Police continue to work on charges.   We know investigators confiscated a shotgun whenMore >>
    A suspected bank robber remains in the Coffee County Jail, after he was officially charged with bank robbery, and denied bond in court.
    More >>
  • APD renews public outreach with 'java'

    APD renews public outreach with 'java'

    Friday, April 18 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-04-18 15:34:56 GMT
    Friday morning, APD officers provided an opportunity to get to know your neighborhood law enforcers as folks got their daily cup of 'Joe,' under the Golden Arches. The Albany Police Department joinedMore >>
    Friday morning, APD officers provided an opportunity to get to know your neighborhood law enforcers as folks got their daily cup of 'Joe,' under the Golden Arches.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at a home in West Albany early this morning.

They rushed to the scene after a neighbor called responders to the fire on Westcott Lane around 5:45 am.

Firefighters say the blaze was caused by food left on the stove.

They say only the stove and part of the countertops in the kitchen were damaged.

Everyone was able to make it out safely with no injuries.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by WorldNow