N. Slappey Krystal re-opens following small fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

N. Slappey Krystal re-opens following small fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Warrant issued for woman in arson investigation

    Warrant issued for woman in arson investigation

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:52 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:52:50 GMT
    Bainbridge Public Safety has taken out a warrant in connection to a fire that at a home on Martin Luther King Drive and injured a Captain who was fighting the flames.More >>
    Bainbridge Public Safety has taken out a warrant in connection to a fire that at a home on Martin Luther King Drive and injured a Captain who was fighting the flames.More >>
  • Lee Co. ESPN game isn't a sellout

    Lee Co. ESPN game isn't a sellout

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:48 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:48:25 GMT
     Officials say there are still plenty of tickets available for the nationally televised football game set for 9:00AM Saturday at Lee Co. stadium.More >>
     Officials say there are still plenty of tickets available for the nationally televised football game set for 9:00AM Saturday at Lee Co. stadium.More >>
  • Albany students demonstrate peaceful protest

    Albany students demonstrate peaceful protest

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:41 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:41:58 GMT
    Students at Albany High School got some hands-on experience this morning to learn from the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri. "What do we want? Justice!" The students yelled. "What do we need? Peace!"More >>
    Students at Albany High School got some hands-on experience this morning to learn from the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri. "What do we want? Justice!" The students yelled. "What do we need? Peace!"More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Another Northwest Albany restaurant reopens after a fire forced it to close.

The Krystal on North Slappey spent most of the day cleaning up.

A small grease fire broke out about 8:30 this morning. Firefighters say excessive grease built up in a griller and overheated. Employees put the fire out with an extinguisher before firefighters arrive.

All the food was thrown out, and the restaurant was cleaned to meet environmental health and fire inspectors standards. The griller was removed for repair.

 Just Monday, Logan's Roadhouse reopened after a small weekend fire shut it down.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.