N. Slappey Krystal re-opens following small fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

N. Slappey Krystal re-opens following small fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Albany industries awarded by EDC

    Albany industries awarded by EDC

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 12:21 PM EDT2014-04-16 16:21:28 GMT
    The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission recognized existing industries Coats & Clark, Outdoor Network, Better Brands of South Georgia, and Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital for their globalMore >>
    Coats & Clark, Outdoor Network, Better Brands of South Georgia, and Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital were all recognized....More >>
  • Idling car stolen, quickly recovered

    Idling car stolen, quickly recovered

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 11:21 AM EDT2014-04-16 15:21:50 GMT
    It was cold enough this morning that Owen Griffin decided to let his car warm up, so he left it idling at his Waverly Avenue home about 10:00AM.   He looked outside to see someone driving off in his KIAMore >>
    It was cold enough this morning that Owen Griffin decided to let his car warm up, so he left it idling at his Waverly Avenue home about 10:00AM.   He looked outside to see someone driving off in his KIA Rio a short time later.More >>
  • DCSS transformation infrastructure project kicks off

    DCSS transformation infrastructure project kicks off

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 7:17 AM EDT2014-04-16 11:17:13 GMT
    The Dougherty County School System's technology infrastructure will get a major overhaul before next school year.      The information technology department kicked off the project with an informationalMore >>
    The Dougherty County School System's technology infrastructure will get a major overhaul before next school year.      The information technology department kicked off the project with an informationalMore >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Another Northwest Albany restaurant reopens after a fire forced it to close.

The Krystal on North Slappey spent most of the day cleaning up.

A small grease fire broke out about 8:30 this morning. Firefighters say excessive grease built up in a griller and overheated. Employees put the fire out with an extinguisher before firefighters arrive.

All the food was thrown out, and the restaurant was cleaned to meet environmental health and fire inspectors standards. The griller was removed for repair.

 Just Monday, Logan's Roadhouse reopened after a small weekend fire shut it down.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow