Logan's re-opens after weekend fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Logan's re-opens after weekend fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Americus runner back in Boston

    Americus runner back in Boston

    Monday, April 21 2014 7:06 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:06:25 GMT
    One of the thousands of runners participating in the marathon today comes from Southwest Georgia, Charlene Pennymon. She's returning to Boston to win another title but also give hope to others. @ ThisMore >>
    One of the thousands of runners participating in the marathon today comes from Southwest Georgia, Charlene Pennymon. She's returning to Boston to beat her current record but also give hope to others. More >>
  • Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:57:34 GMT
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
  • Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:52:00 GMT
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

The manager at Logan's Roadhouse says they are opening back up at 1:00pm today. 

AFD's Jim Vaught says Logan's has been cleared to resume business.  He says the fire started in a heating strip in the freezer.  It caused about $200 worth of damage to the unit, but all of the food in the restaurant had to be thrown away. 

The fire started at the restaurant Saturday night around 6:30 as patrons were eating dinner. Albany Fire officials say when they arrived smoke was coming out of the back of the restaurant in a storage area.

 

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow