Moultrie man injured in morning house fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Moultrie man injured in morning house fire


A 32-year-old man was injured after a fire broke out at a home in Moultrie early Saturday morning.

The Moultrie Fire Department responded to the blaze around 4:30 am at 619 5th Avenue NW after the fire was reported.

When the fire crew arrived, they encountered heavy fire and smoke coming from the side and rear of the home.

Trevor Haynes was located and removed from house and taken by Colquitt County EMS to Colquitt Regional Medial Center ER.

He was then airlifted to Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, GA with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Haynes is now in stable condition.

The victim's wife and child both escaped the fire without any serious injury.

Investigators determined the cause of the fire was from an overloaded electrical circuit in the kitchen area.

The fire crew said the house had one smoke detector but there were no batteries inside.

They want to encourage everyone to utilize smoke detectors in their homes and to check the batteries regularly.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly