Lowndes Co. house & barn catch fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Lowndes Co. house & barn catch fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • EMS Encourages Prom Safety

    EMS Encourages Prom Safety

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:20 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:20:42 GMT
    EMS workers handed out key chains at Thomasville high schools hoping to encourage teens to play it safe this prom weekend. They are hoping that the key chain will remind students to buckle up while enjoyingMore >>
    EMS workers handed out key chains at Thomasville high schools hoping to encourage teens to play it safe this prom weekend.More >>
  • Man arrested for stabbing

    Man arrested for stabbing

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:14 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:14:35 GMT
    Ashburn police are investigating a stabbing Wednesday night. Police were called to the Day and Night convenience store on West Washington Avenue around 9:30. The victim, Willie Poke was found to haveMore >>
    Willie Poke told police Derrick Dorsey tried to rob him of his wallet earlier that night.More >>
  • Kids have a Health Fair in Baconton

    Kids have a Health Fair in Baconton

    Thursday, April 17 2014 6:06 PM EDT2014-04-17 22:06:09 GMT
    Over 300 Mitchell County children learned how to fight obesity with gardening  tips and information on healthy eating. The North Mitchell County Elementary School hosted its second kids' health fair inMore >>
    Over 300 Mitchell County children learned how to fight obesity with gardening  tips and information on healthy eating. More >>
LOWNDES COUNTY, GA (WALB) -

Lowndes County firefighters are investigating a blaze that took a man's home and his barn.

Around 4 p.m. Thursday afternoon, Billy Bradley's home and his barn on Kay Circle went up in flames. No one was home at the time. Neighbors say it took fire crews about two hours to put out the flames.

Neighbor Hope Porter says Bradley was a skilled woodworker and had multiple projects he was working on inside his barn.

"The window caught fire and then there was fire everywhere. The shed, he had projects in there, they had all burnt up. It was just so sad," said neighbor, Hope Porter.

Lowndes County fire officials say it will be next week before they report the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow