believe a homeowner's response to finding a snake in her yard may have led to
the fire that destroyed her house Wednesday.
sparked at a home in Bowie County, TX just before 7 p.m.
cleaning up, she saw snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire,"
said Deputy Randall Baggett with the Bowie County Sheriff's Office. "The snake
went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire."
efforts of several fire departments that responded to the scene, the flames completely
engulfed the home. It is a complete loss. A neighboring home was also damaged
on one side.
The fire remains
been no word from officials on whether charges will be filed.