Family displaced after east Albany house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Family displaced after east Albany house fire

Posted: Updated:
Early morning house fire leaves family displaced Early morning house fire leaves family displaced
Firefighters work to put out the blaze Firefighters work to put out the blaze
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A mother and her two children were in their home off Monarch Drive in east Albany Wednesday morning when flames erupted around 3:30.

The Albany Fire Department responded and were able to quickly put out the fire but now the family is left cleaning up the mess - trying to move valuables from the now damaged home to a next door neighbors home.

Officials believe the fire started from an electrical shortage on the first floor on the two story home. Four trucks arrived on scene to find the top of the home engulfed in flames. Officials say it only took around two minutes to put the blaze out.

No one was injured in the early morning fire and the family has been in contact with the American Red Cross for emergency assistance.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by WorldNow