Nine people facing charges in Atkinson County after a meth ring was arrested.
Deputies have been looking into criminal activity at Tallmadge McKinnon Road in Willacoochee for two years. They caught a break earlier this week while investigating a theft of farm implements and served a search warrant on the home.
A large quantity of suspected meth was found packaged both in bulk as well as for sale. Also several hand guns, long guns, and an AR15 military style rifle were discovered.
Daphne McKinnon, who was previously employed by Nichols State Prison as a nurse, and John Foshee are said to be the main players in the meth ring.
McKinnon is facing obstructing or hindering law enforcement and a several drug charges. She is currently in the Atkinson County Jail with a $45,000 bond. Foshee is facing drug and gun charges. He is also facing additional charges in Coffee County. He is jailed on $63,500 bond.
Jason McKinnon facing theft charges and was denied bond because of a probation violation. Bobby McKinnon is also facing theft charges and remains jailed on a five thousand dollar bond.
Brittany Sizemore is facing drug charges and was denied bond related to holds for criminal charges in Lee and Terrell County.
Matthew Rowe is jailed in Coffee County on unrelated charges and is wanted by Atkinson County for drug and other charges.
Adam Morris and Hunter Thurston were both released on bond. Morris is facing theft charges and Thurston is facing drug charges.
"This is a big deal in rural Atkinson County because until now we have been able to largely avoid the meth epidemic that has ravaged much of the country," said Atkinson County Sheriff David Moore.
Sheriff Moore issued this news release-
D. McKinnon and J. Foshee are the main players in a meth possession and distribution ring and gun possession during commission of a crime. Sheriff's Deputies have been looking into criminal activity on this Tallmadge McKinnon Rd, Willacoochee address for at least 2 years.
Deputies were able to finally exploit a break while investigating the theft of farm implements in the neighborhood. Search warrants were executed on Monday March 4th.
A large quantity of suspected meth was found packaged both in bulk as well as for sale. Also several hand guns, long guns along with an AR15 military style rifle were discovered.
"This is a big deal in rural Atkinson County because until now we have been able to largely avoid the meth epidemic that has ravaged much of the country." stated Sheriff Moore
The others were arrested on various charges stemming from the meth to the theft.
* Foshee is still in Atkinson Jail with a $63,500.00 cash bond. He also faces additional charges in neighboring Coffee Co that were able to be filed as a result of Atkinson's Case.
* D. McKinnon is still in Atkinson County Jail with a $45,000.00 cash bond. She had been employed with Nichols State Prison as a nurse.
* J. McKinnon is still in Atkinson Jail on a denied bond related to probation/parole.
* B. McKinnon is still in Atkinson Jail with a $5,000.00 cash bond.
* A. Morris has been released on bond.
* B. Sizemore is still in Atkinson Jail with a denied bond related to holds for criminal charges out of Lee and Terrell Co.
* T. Thomas is still in Atkinson Jail with a denied bond related to probation holds.
* H. Thurston is released on bond.
* M. Rowe is currently in Coffee Jail on criminal charges and is wanted by Atkinson County on drug charges, false statements, Habitual violator, and traffic offenses.
Copyright 2013 WALB. All rights reserved.