Quick action saves burning RV - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Quick action saves burning RV


Quick response from Albany Firefighters prevented an Recreational Vehicle fire from spreading to a nearby home.

A viewer took a picture of flames shooting from an RV in the 2300 block of Beachview Drive. It started around 8:45 this morning and flames quickly consumed the RV.

Firefighters put out the fire before it reached the fuel tanks and the home.

The heat melted the vinyl siding. Stacy Suarez said her husband spotted the fire and made sure her neighbors got of their home.

"He said 'I think the neighbor's RV is on fire.' He said 'Call them.' I said 'Run over there, so he ran over. He said it is and woke them up and got them out the back door, and I called 911," said neighbor Stacy Suarez.

Firefighters say an electrical cord was running from the home to the RV, and a short sparked the fire.


Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly