RV catches fire in Albany - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

RV catches fire in Albany

Posted: Updated:
A Recreational Vehicle caught fire this morning at a house at 2301 Beachview Drive. A Recreational Vehicle caught fire this morning at a house at 2301 Beachview Drive.
(Source: A neighbor) (Source: A neighbor)
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A Recreational Vehicle caught fire this morning at a house at 2301 Beachview Drive.

The Albany Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire, which appeared extensive.

The fire was inside the motorhome, and scorch marks are clearly visible outside around the windows of the unit.

The owner said the motorhome has not been used in quite a while. It had electricity run to it.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the house nearby, but some vinyl siding was melted buy the heat. 

 

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow