Skyline Equipment Company, at 2007 Liberty Expressway, near Putney suffered fire damage early Thursday afternoon.
Employees were working near back of the building, perhaps welding, when the fire was noticed.
EMTs gave them treatment for heat exposure, but no one was transported
The fire was contained to that area of building. It was quickly extinguished by Albany Fire Department officers.
Daniel Potter, a company official, said the damage was significant.
Copyright 2013 WALB. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is offering some new after school programs this year after the 21st Century grant ended.
Fulfilling student needs was the focus of a community meeting with Dougherty County School officials Tuesday.
Jimmy Carter was among those raising money for the Boys & Girls Club of Americus-Sumter County Tuesday.
An electrical blackout during South Georgia's high temperatures created some concern at the Moultrie-Colquitt County Humane Society Tuesday.
Albany city leaders voted to deny the rezoning of the 2400 block of Whispering Pines Circle to allow the building of a Captain D's restaurant.