UPDATE: Albany homeowner hospitalized after kitchen fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Albany homeowner hospitalized after kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Valdosta chamber helping South GA businesses save money

    Valdosta chamber helping South GA businesses save money

    Thursday, July 24 2014 5:34 PM EDT2014-07-24 21:34:53 GMT
    The Valdosta-Lowndes County chamber is helping South Georgia businesses save money on workers compensation premiums.The chamber is part of the state-run program called "DRUGS DON"T WORK," which is being sponsored locally by Peaceway Counseling and Mediation Services in Valdosta.More >>
    The Valdosta-Lowndes County chamber is helping South Georgia businesses save money on workers compensation premiums.The chamber is part of the state-run program called "DRUGS DON"T WORK," which is being sponsored locally by Peaceway Counseling and Mediation Services in Valdosta.More >>
  • Moultrie man burglarized during hospital stay

    Moultrie man burglarized during hospital stay

    Thursday, July 24 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-07-24 21:20:47 GMT
    A Moultrie man came home from the hospital to an empty entertainment system and window. Tommy Edwards was in the hospital for 10 days after getting an infection.More >>
    A Moultrie man came home from the hospital to an empty entertainment system and window. Tommy Edwards was in the hospital for 10 days after getting an infection.More >>
  • Berrien Co. cemetery vandalized again

    Berrien Co. cemetery vandalized again

    Thursday, July 24 2014 5:17 PM EDT2014-07-24 21:17:38 GMT
    A Nashville resident found six gravestones knocked over in the Long Bridge cemetery last Sunday. Two of those gravestones were broken and will have to be replaced.More >>
    A Nashville resident found six gravestones knocked over in the Long Bridge cemetery last Sunday. Two of those gravestones were broken and will have to be replaced.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

UPDATE:

An Albany woman remains hospitalized in fair condition after a weekend fire.

Albany firefighters rescued Mattie McClinton from a house at 308 Johnson Road around 5:30pm Sunday.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen after a pot was left unattended on the stove. Firefighters say when they arrived on scene McClinton was laying face down in the home and was non-responsive.

She was taken to Phoebe Putney hospital and is recovering.

----------------------------------------------

Albany firefighters responded to a house fire at 308 Johnson Road around 5:30pm Sunday evening.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen after a pot was left unattended.

The homeowner was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.  Her  condition is unknown at this time, but firefighters say she was alert and responsive when she left the scene.

We will update you with information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.