UPDATE: Albany homeowner hospitalized after kitchen fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Albany homeowner hospitalized after kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Thursday, August 21 2014 4:09 PM EDT2014-08-21 20:09:36 GMT
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.More >>
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.
    More >>
  • Phoebe holds blood drive Thursday

    Phoebe holds blood drive Thursday

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:11 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:11:37 GMT
    (Phoebe Putney)(Phoebe Putney)
    The gift of life is priceless and it is a gift that many can give Thursday, at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Phoebe's current drive is part of an ongoing effort to encourage all who qualify to give blood.More >>
    The gift of life is priceless and it is a gift that many can give Thursday, at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Phoebe's current drive is part of an ongoing effort to encourage all who qualify to give blood.More >>
  • Lee Co. family offers reward for missing jewelry

    Lee Co. family offers reward for missing jewelry

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:06:24 GMT
    A Lee County family is offering a reward tonight to catch a thief they say stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from their home.More >>
    A Lee County family is offering a reward tonight to catch a thief they say stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from their home.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

UPDATE:

An Albany woman remains hospitalized in fair condition after a weekend fire.

Albany firefighters rescued Mattie McClinton from a house at 308 Johnson Road around 5:30pm Sunday.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen after a pot was left unattended on the stove. Firefighters say when they arrived on scene McClinton was laying face down in the home and was non-responsive.

She was taken to Phoebe Putney hospital and is recovering.

----------------------------------------------

Albany firefighters responded to a house fire at 308 Johnson Road around 5:30pm Sunday evening.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen after a pot was left unattended.

The homeowner was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.  Her  condition is unknown at this time, but firefighters say she was alert and responsive when she left the scene.

We will update you with information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.