Electrical short sparks Albany house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Electrical short sparks Albany house fire

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters say a blaze that did $13,000 in damage to a South Albany home was sparked by an electrical short.

The fire started about 2:40 Friday morning at this home in the 1100 block of St. Andrews Drive. Firefighters say the home's garage had been converted to an entertainment room and an electrical wire arced and started a fire. Ghana Paige was the only person in the home and escaped with no injuries.

Copyright 2013  WALB.  All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow