Electrical short sparks Albany house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Electrical short sparks Albany house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Worth County is Camera Ready

    Worth County is Camera Ready

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:50:56 GMT
    Karen Rackley, Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce Executive DirectorKaren Rackley, Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
    Every county in Georgia is now camera ready.Worth County is one of the final 20 counties that just earned the designation meant to show television and movie producers that local communities are able and willing to help them. More >>
    Every county in Georgia is now camera ready.Worth County is one of the final 20 counties that just earned the designation meant to show television and movie producers that local communities are able and willing to help them. More >>
  • Sylvester city departments remain without phone service

    Sylvester city departments remain without phone service

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:50:33 GMT
    Bill Yearta, Mayor of SylvesterBill Yearta, Mayor of Sylvester
    All city departments in Sylvester remain without phone service. The phone system went down on Monday at Sylvester City Hall and the police, fire, and public works departments.More >>
    All city departments in Sylvester remain without phone service. The phone system went down on Monday at Sylvester City Hall and the police, fire, and public works departments.More >>
  • When does discipline go too far??

    When does discipline go too far??

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:42 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:42:39 GMT
    Dr. Sinay Edwards, Open Arms Program DirectorDr. Sinay Edwards, Open Arms Program Director
    The arrest of an NFL superstar on child abuse charges raises questions about when discipline goes too far.More >>
    The arrest of an NFL superstar on child abuse charges raises questions about when discipline goes too far.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters say a blaze that did $13,000 in damage to a South Albany home was sparked by an electrical short.

The fire started about 2:40 Friday morning at this home in the 1100 block of St. Andrews Drive. Firefighters say the home's garage had been converted to an entertainment room and an electrical wire arced and started a fire. Ghana Paige was the only person in the home and escaped with no injuries.

Copyright 2013  WALB.  All rights reserved.