Stove fire displaces family - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Stove fire displaces family

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>
  • Manhole overflowing at Lenox Dr. and W. Oglethrope

    Manhole overflowing at Lenox Dr. and W. Oglethrope

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:24 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:24:01 GMT
    Be careful if your traveling near the intersection of Lennox Drive and West Oglethrope Ave. A manhole is overflowing releasing nearly 25 gallons of water a minute. City officials says the undergroundMore >>
    Be careful if your traveling near the intersection of Lennox Drive and West Oglethrope Ave. A manhole is overflowing releasing nearly 25 gallons of water a minute. More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

An Albany family is looking for a new place to live after their apartment burned last night.  

Fire officials say that the cause of the blaze was food left cooking on the stove in their apartment at 2315 West Gordon.

The fire did not spread beyond the apartment where it started, but virtually all their possessions were lost. Damage was estimated at $37,000.

The family of Jason Hines, 37, and Stephanie Canty, 39, is displaced and trying to start over. They have three kids, aged seven to sixteen.

Family members and the Red Cross are helping. The Red Cross can be called at 436-4845.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow