East Albany man burned fighting kitchen fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

East Albany man burned fighting kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

An East Albany man suffered minor burns Thursday morning trying to put out a kitchen fire he started cooking french fries.

Firefighters say 25 year old Joe Reed's right hand was burned as he carried a flaming pan of grease out of his kitchen about 9:45 AM at his home in the 600 block of Sapling Lane.

The home sustained about $6000 in damage. Flames burned the stove and cabinets, and the rest of the home sustained smoke and heat damage.

Reed was transported to the hospital by EMS, where he was treated and released.

Copyright 2013  WALB.  All rights reserved.