Three families displaced by Christmas night fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Three families displaced by Christmas night fire

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany firefighters say a candle was knocked off a space heater and started a fire in a south Albany triplex.

That fire started just before 11:00 Tuesday night at 802 South Harding street. The bed and carpet caught fire, and flames spread to surrounding areas of the home. No one was hurt.

The apartment is in a three-unit building. All three families will be displaced for the night.

Albany firefighters urge you to use extreme caution with space heaters and candles.

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by WorldNow