Mobile home fire in Albany - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Mobile home fire in Albany

An East Albany woman is out of her home Thursday after an afternoon fire in her mobile home.

The fire started about 1:30 in Sharon Cook's home at Dunes Mobile Home Park off Mobile Avenue in East Albany.

Firefighters say food left unattended cooking on the stove started the blaze.  

The fire heavily the kitchen and smoke damaged most everything else in the home.

Cook is staying with family members. 

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:37 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:37:43 GMT
    The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>
  • Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:26 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:26:50 GMT
    Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>
  • Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Monday, July 24 2017 3:48 PM EDT2017-07-24 19:48:41 GMT
    Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly