Valdosta thrift store catches fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Valdosta thrift store catches fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>
  • Manhole overflowing at Lenox Dr. and W. Oglethrope

    Manhole overflowing at Lenox Dr. and W. Oglethrope

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:24 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:24:01 GMT
    Be careful if your traveling near the intersection of Lennox Drive and West Oglethrope Ave. A manhole is overflowing releasing nearly 25 gallons of water a minute. City officials says the undergroundMore >>
    Be careful if your traveling near the intersection of Lennox Drive and West Oglethrope Ave. A manhole is overflowing releasing nearly 25 gallons of water a minute. More >>
VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

Fire investigators with the Valdosta Fire Department are interviewing employees at a local thrift store to find out how a building caught fire.

Carroll's Corner Thrift Shop on Bemiss Road caught fire yesterday afternoon.

Fire officials have already ruled out any electrical issues. No one was inside the building which is up for lease.

The store is moving to a new location but the Fire Chief says all of the items inside the thrift shop are fire damaged.

"As far as the building itself and the contents that were in it, overall they're going to be out of business for a little while, but they can repair and rebuild so its not a total loss and that's always a good thing," said Fire Chief, J.D. Rice.

Fire officials have sent off samples to the crime lab to see if the fire could have been intentional.

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow