Valdosta thrift store catches fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Valdosta thrift store catches fire


Fire investigators with the Valdosta Fire Department are interviewing employees at a local thrift store to find out how a building caught fire.

Carroll's Corner Thrift Shop on Bemiss Road caught fire yesterday afternoon.

Fire officials have already ruled out any electrical issues. No one was inside the building which is up for lease.

The store is moving to a new location but the Fire Chief says all of the items inside the thrift shop are fire damaged.

"As far as the building itself and the contents that were in it, overall they're going to be out of business for a little while, but they can repair and rebuild so its not a total loss and that's always a good thing," said Fire Chief, J.D. Rice.

Fire officials have sent off samples to the crime lab to see if the fire could have been intentional.

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly